If you want to make the best pan-fried chicken that’s savory and delightful with crispiness, juiciness, and flavor, you’ve come to the right post. You can apply the recipe below to cook several chicken parts like drumsticks, breasts, and thighs.
- Fresh, high-quality chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or drumsticks) with skin left on
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt (we recommend Maldon)
- Freshly-cracked black peppers (Tellicherry peppercorn is a great choice)
As you can see from the ingredient list, there is nothing fancy or complicated about this pan fried chicken. This recipe is all about executing a simple task but execute it expertly and perfectly. Instead of masking the chicken in herbs, spices or sauces, chicken is the star of the plate; hence, it is recommended that you use the best quality chicken you can find.
- Ensure that the chicken parts you’re going to cook are at room temperature, so take them out of the fridge for at least an hour as preparation.
- Utilize stainless steel, carbon steel, or cast iron frying pan, and preheat on high heat. Do NOT use a non-stick pan for this method.
- Cover the pan’s base with sufficient oil and notice smoke rising right after.
- Place the chicken parts’ skin sides on the pan and do NOT season it yet. Ensure that your pan has enough space for the pieces.
- Reduce the heat to medium and wait for the chicken parts to turn brown without covering it for about 7 to 12 minutes. Do NOT flip or attempt to move the parts under the mentioned time range.
- Flip the chicken pieces to cook the other side. Repeat the fifth step.
- The sides of the chicken parts are browned and crispy to perfection after the previous steps.
- Check the doneness if it’s according to your preference. If the chicken needs to be cooked further, leave it on the pan and cook it in medium heat. When the parts are thoroughly cooked, turn the heat off.
- Shake out the sea salt, black pepper, and a pinch of sugar on the sides of the chicken pieces while they’re still on the hot pan.
- Take out the chicken on a plate and let it rest for not more than 5 minutes.
- Grab your favorite condiments and hot sauce, and dig in!
Is your fry pan not performing up to par with unevenly cooked food or hot spots? Maybe it’s time to invest in a new fry pan. These 5 frying pans will give you outstanding performance guarantee.