GreeLife sells frying pans, saucepans, woks, griddles, sauté pans, bakeware, sets, and accessories free from PFOAs, PFAS, lead, and cadmium. The kitchenware is made of anodized aluminum and coated with natural nonstick Thermolon ceramic.
Thermolon is a unique, nonstick coating made of silicon or sand. There are no dangerous chemicals or toxic fumes emitted during cooking since GreenLife kitchenware can withstand temperatures up to 450°C or 850°F.
The four GreenLife collections include Classic, Diamond-Reinforced, Soft-Grip, and Air Fryer Ceramic Nonstick Cookware.
GreenLife Cookware Collections
Many varieties of GreenLife Cookware are available to ensure optimal performance in the kitchen. Some collections are reinforced with diamond, while others are ideal for preparing meals in a specific way.
The newest and most versatile collection comes with oven-safe stainless steel handles.
This extra-durable kitchenware is enhanced with diamonds for better scratch-resistance.
Available in diamond and standard Thermolon coating, these pots and pans have large, easy-to-grip handles.
This collection features cooking surfaces with dimples that keep excess oil away from food.
Next, we’ll review the cookware for durability, even heating, ease of use, and cleanup.
Review of GreenLife Classic Pro Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
The Classic Pro Ceramic Nonstick Cookware has a hard anodized body with a Thermolon coating and oven-safe stainless steel handles. A typical 12-piece set includes the following
- 1-Quart Saucepan with Lid
- 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid
- 7-Inch Frypan
- 5-Inch Frypan
- 1 Mini Egg Pan
- 3-Quart Stockpot with Lid
- 3 Nylon Cooking Utensils
This cookware is available in grey or white and is oven-safe up to 350°F.
Overall, this cookware is very durable. Unlike PTFE pans that emit fumes at temperatures below 500°F, Thermolon ceramic doesn’t break down until 850°F. As a result, GreenLife cookware lasts longer than most PFTE pans. GreenLife products are safe to use on every stove, except induction cookers. All products are dishwasher safe. However, handwashing is recommended.
- The solid construction and oven-safe handles make this cookware highly versatile.
- The aluminum-reinforced bodies are scratch-resistant.
- The ceramic nonstick coating is hard, but also brittle. If you drop it on the floor, you could end up with chips or scratches.
Tip: Restore ceramic nonstick surfaces by cleaning them with baking soda occasionally. Avoid using abrasive cleaners and metal utensils.
Traditional nonstick surfaces, such as Teflon, actually block heat. However, Thermolon ceramic is heat-conductive. As a result, GreenLife kitchenware does an excellent job of spreading heat evenly, even when cooking on a gas stovetop.
- GreenLife Cookware comes with well-fitting lids that help preserve heat.
- The Thermolon ceramic distributes heat evenly for optimal cooking results.
- Excessive heat can reduce the longevity of your cookware.
Tip: Since Thermolon is heat-conductive, you can cook food to the desired temperature using a lower stove setting. The pan requires minimal time to heat up, so you can begin cooking right away.
Ease of use
The curved handles are easy to grip, allowing for maximum control. Food glides effortlessly off of the Thermolon surface when you’re ready to serve. Clear glass lids allow for food monitoring while the edges of the pan are conveniently flared to allow for easier pouring.
- Curved stainless steel handles provide maximum durability and strength.
- This cookware heats up faster than regular PTFE pans.
- The stay-cool Bakelite handles have a soft, comfortable grip.
- The ceramic coating requires proper care to ensure the nonstick properties last.
- The Thermolon ceramic surfaces are as easy to clean as traditional PTFE pans. The GreenLife Classic pans have covered rivets to prevent grime from accumulating. This feature adds to the cookware’s easy cleanability. These products are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend washing by hand to protect the thin anodized aluminum coating. Dishwashers can cause the ceramic coating to age prematurely.
- Cleanup is simple with warm water and a non-abrasive sponge to wipe the pan clean.
- Abrasive sponges can wear away the nonstick coating.
Review of GreenLife Diamond Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
Two types of Diamond Cookware are available, including the Classic Diamond Cookware and the Soft-Grip Diamond-Reinforced Cookware. A typical 14-piece set includes the following.
- 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid
- 2-Quart Saucepan with Lid
- 7-Inch Open Frypan
- 5-Inch Open Frypan
- 5-Quart Stockpot with Lid
- 6-Quart Skillet with Lid
- 4 Nylon Utensils
These cookware sets are available in black or turquoise and are oven-safe up to 350 ºF.
The Diamond Ceramic Nonstick Cookware is extra durable and ultra nonstick. The diamond-reinforced Thermolon ceramic makes cooking simple and healthy. This diamond-reinforced cookware is even more durable than the Classic Pro set. Although these pans are dishwasher safe, we recommend handwashing.
- The diamond-reinforced coating is long-lasting and scratch-resistant.
- The knobs are solidly fixed to the Soft-Grip lids, so that they won’t jiggle loose with time.
- Classic Diamond Cookware is safe to use on induction stoves.
- The Soft-Grip Diamond-Reinforced Cookware is not suitable for induction stovetops.
The Diamond Ceramic Cookware does an equally fantastic job of heating food evenly. The Thermolon ceramic coating is resistant to corrosion from acids and salts, so there’s no release of odors, fumes, or flavors during the cooking process.
- Even when accidentally overheated, GreenLife pans never emit toxins or odors.
- Heat distribution is fast and even.
- It’s easy to overheat the pan. The heat-conducting properties of ceramic bring your pot to the ideal temperature faster than standard PTFE cookware.
Tip: Avoid heating a dry pan. Put some oil or butter in the bottom after turning on the stove to prevent the pan from overheating rapidly.
Ease of use
All the diamond-reinforced kitchenware has handles that stay cool to the touch. Tight-fitting lids seal in heat and curved rims enable drip-free pouring. Compared to the Classic Cookware, these pans are lightweight and easy to handle.
- The base of the handle has a thumb rest for additional control.
- Both the Classic Soft-Grip and Bakelite handles keep hands cool and safe.
- You have to follow care instructions to maintain the nonstick properties of your pan.
Tip: Unrefined oils, such as olive oil, have a low burning temperature that causes them to smoke and break down the nonstick coating. Always fry with oils that have high heat resistance.
- The diamond-reinforced Thermolon ceramic surfaces are even easier to clean than the Classic Cookware. The GreenLife Classic pans don’t have any rivets where dirt can accumulate. The Diamond kitchenware is also dishwasher safe, but handwashing is better.
- The diamond-enhanced cookware has an ultra nonstick coating that’s nearly effortless to wipe off.
- Food slides right out of the diamond-reinforced pans.
- You may notice brown stains that build up over time. The stains are carbonized oils. Carbonization typically happens when you overheat fats. These burned oils build up after each use and weaken the nonstick properties of the pan.
Review of GreenLife Soft-Grip Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
The Soft-Grip Ceramic Nonstick Cookware has an aluminum-reinforced body with soft-touch Bakelite handles that stay cool. The Soft-Grip Cookware is also available with a diamond-reinforced ceramic coating. The average 14-piece set includes the following.
- 1-Quart Ceramic Saucepan
- 2-Quart Ceramic Saucepan
- 7-Inch Ceramic Open Frypan
- 5-Inch Ceramic Open Frypan
- 5-Quart Ceramic Stockpot
- 5-Quart Ceramic Saute Pan
- 4 Glass Lids
- 4 Nylon Utensils
The Soft-Grip Cookware is available in many different colors that include black, black diamond, blue, burgundy, lavender, red, light pink, and turquoise. These pans are oven-safe up to 350 ºF.
The Soft-Grip handles are incredibly durable and designed to last for many years. There are no exposed rivets or screws, making the pans even sturdier. Like the other sets, Soft-Grip Cookware has an anodized aluminum scratch-resistant base.
- The Soft-Grip handles won’t loosen or wiggle.
- The ceramic surface can chip easily. The diamond-reinforced surfaces tend to be more scratch-resistant.
Tip: Use low to medium heat settings for long-lasting performance and stick with nylon or wooden utensils.
Soft-Grip Cookware heats quickly and efficiently, but the handles won’t burn your hands. These pots and pans are also suitable for younger chefs.
- The pan heats up fast, and the handles remain cool-to-the-touch.
- It’s easy to overheat a Thermolon ceramic pan, so you have to follow care instructions precisely.
Tip: Avoid using spray oils with your Thermolon pan.
Ease of use
These redesigned handles have particularly comfortable grips. The lids also come with large, easy-to-grip knobs that stay cool to the touch. This feature can be especially practical if you have oily or slippery hands but need to tend to your food quickly.
- The large, slip-resistant handles are particularly ergonomic.
- Most lids have knobs that attach to the lid with a single screw. These knobs are solidly affixed to the lid.
- Overheating the pan can damage the Soft-Grip handles.
Tip: Use the right-sized pan. You want a pot that’s large enough to accommodate your food, without too much additional space. The empty part of the pan can overheat quickly.
- Handwashing is the best way to protect your GreenLife Cookware long-term, and thankfully, you can clean the nonstick surface in three easy steps.
- Step 1: Allow the pan to cool completely before washing.
- Step 2: Use warm water and a non-abrasive sponge to wipe the pan clean.
- Step 3: Dry with a soft towel.
Tip: We recommend cooking with less oil than you would use in a conventional pan. However, don’t avoid fats entirely. Oils help conduct heat.
Review of GreenLife Air Fryer Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
The Air Fryer Ceramic Nonstick Cookware has pans that feature a unique dimpled surface. The indents capture excess fats and oils for even healthier meals. At the same time, the additional surface area promotes even heating for crispier fried food. A 14-piece set typically includes the following:
- 7-Inch Frypan
- 5-Inch Frypan
- 1-Quart Saucepan
- 2-Quart Saucepan
- 5-Quart Skillet
- 3 Glass Lids
- Stainless Steel Steamer
- Cutting Board, Ladle, Fish Spatula, Skimmer, and Slotted Turner.
This kitchenware is available in light gray and is oven-safe up to 350 ºF.
The aluminum-reinforced bodies are just as durable and resistant to dents and scratches as the other GreenLife cookware sets. However, the textured coating is more resistant to wear-and-tear.
- The dimples keep food from sticking and help prevent utensil scratches.
- A thick, forged base makes this pan extra strong and durable.
- The handles are susceptible to burn marks.
These pans are ideal for frying delicious meals with less fat. The dimples create a breathable surface that better distribute oil and heat. Pockets of oil collect in the crevices to keep it from absorbing into food while promoting crispiness.
- The small pockets in this cookware cradle oil for ideal heating results.
- These pans do a perfect job of heating food evenly.
Tip: GreenLife Cookware is safe to use on gas, electric, halogen, and ceramic ranges. However, most are not suitable for induction stovetops.
Ease of use
These pots and pans have stay-cool Bakelite handles that offer a comfortable grip. The sleek glass lids have large, easy-to-grasp knobs that fit tightly over the rims. Food easily slides out of the superior nonstick surface.
- Food gets crispy and crunchy without absorbing oil.
- The addition of a steamer makes this set highly versatile.
Tip: You can still use GreenLife pans after the nonstick properties wear off. The enamel coating won’t wear away or expose the aluminum body of the pan.
- The dimples leave more surface area for oil and dirt to stick and collect. Wait for the pan to cool down before cleaning. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to wipe the inside clean.
- When well-maintained, the pans clean up fast.
- Exposure to high heat can make the bottom challenging to clean.
Tip: Clean your ceramic pan with a melamine sponge and water to prevent oil buildup. If water doesn’t work, try replacing it with clear vegetable oil. However, melamine sponges are slightly abrasive, so don’t clean your nonstick ceramic pan with them daily.
Overall Value of GreenLife Pans
GreenLife Cookware has a lifetime limited warranty. A guarantee applies to material, craftsmanship, and nonstick coating defects under the terms of regular use as described under the GreenLife Care and Use Manual.
If you follow the handling instructions precisely, this kitchenware can last for years without a scratch. However, just slightly deviating from the guidelines can significantly shorten the length span of these pans. For the price, this cookware is an excellent value. You can save more money by purchasing pots, pans, utensils, and accessories in sets.
The two Belgian founders, Wim De Veirman and Jan Helskens, started manufacturing aluminum and stainless steel kitchenware in China in 2005. However, both soon became aware of the high demand for alternatives to traditional nonstick pans coated with PTFE, such as Teflon.
The GreenLife brand, founded in 2013, is part of The Cookware Company, a company that started in Belgium in 2007. This brand was the first manufacturer to introduce nonstick, PTFE-free cookware to the market.
Now, the company offers products under the brand names GreenPan, GreenLife, VitaVerde, Michael Roux, and Twiztt. The company employees about 2,000 individuals, most of whom work in China. Products are available through retail, hardware, department, specialty, and online shops in more than 90 different countries.
Is GreenLife Cookware better than regular PTFE cookware?
Our answer is yes! Thermolon nonstick ceramic kitchenware may require some additional care. However, the cooking surfaces are non-toxic and made without PTFE or PFAS. The pans are lightweight and tolerate much higher cooking temperatures than PTFE pans. GreenLife cookware also heats up faster and cooks food more evenly.
Although this cookware is dishwasher safe, we recommend handwashing to preserve the ceramic coating. Many of these pans function with induction stovetops, and most are oven-safe. If you’re looking for the best utensils to use with your Thermolon ceramic cookware, silicone tools are the most durable option.