The Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Top Model pressure cooker improves upon its very popular original version, which was dubbed as the Mercedes Benz of pressure cooker by the New York Times. Even with some common issues, the Duromatic Top Model is still one of the best pressure cookers on the market.
Constructed with an aluminum core sandwiched between 2 stainless steel layers, the Kuhn Rikon is one of the most energy efficient pressure cookers around. With its improved lid and valve system, it makes pressure monitoring and releasing quick, easy and safe.
- Sturdy build quality. Definitely better than most pressure cookers on the market.
- The top model is an improved version with pressure indicator on the knob.
- Much safer and easier to release steam compared to the original Kuhn Rikon. Simply turn the knob to release pressure.
- Very easy to operate. This will be great for new pressure cooker users.
- Numerous safety valves and mechanisms to prevent excessive pressure build up.
- While it’s pressured, it operates very quietly with minimal hissing.
- Interior has markings to prevent over-filling.
- Suitable to use on any stovetop.
- Questionable quality for the spring loaded valve. The plastic components seem to be easily broken. The plastic parts should be of higher quality given this is a high end product.
- Occasionally the pressure release mechanism requires some tapping in order to function properly. This becomes more common with more usage.
- Replacement parts are unnecessary expensive.